Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Homemade Taco Seasoning

I am sort of weary on the taco seasoning situation. I have checked a couple brands and am just not sure about them anymore. I do hear that Chi Chi's brand is safe but, I decided to make my own! It work out really well because I made quite a bit and knew exactly what was in it. Here's the recipe modified from the original found here.




Recipe for seasoning:
2 TBS chilli powder
2 TBS ground cumin
2 TBS garlic powder
2 TBS onion powder
1/2 TBS crushed red pepper (more or less to your liking)

Mix together! This should be enough for almost 3 batches of tacos. I store mine in the freezer. Enjoy!!


Recipe for taco meat:
1 lb ground meat
3 TBS taco seasoning
1 cup water (more or less to your liking)

1. Brown meat until no longer pink and then drain off the fat. 
2. Add taco seasoning and water. Simmer for about 5 min.
3. Remove from heat, let stand for 3-5 min. (Sauce will thicken upon standing)
4. Enjoy your yummy tacos    :)

No comments:

Post a Comment