Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Gluten Free Mushroom & Rice Soup

Hello everyone! With all of this hurricane Sandy weather, I figured I would share a warm soup recipe with you. I can't believe that I live in Ohio and it snowed today! I drove to work this morning in a borderline blizzard! But, it's melted now and all is well :)   Back to the soup.... this recipe is very easy! Usually I'm completely addicted to my crockpot however, this soup was quick even without the crockpot! I am also a huge mushroom fan so this soup is definitely on my fabulous food list!


Ingredients:

2 tbsp. olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
3 c. mushrooms, sliced
3 cans vegetable broth
1 c. white rice
Salt and pepper to taste

Recipe:

1. Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion and carrots, cooking until soft. 
2. Add mushrooms and cook until soft. Then add vegetable broth and rice, simmering for 10 minutes.
3. Stir until mixture is blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.


Ta-da!! Wonderful, easy, healthy soup! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment